Pistons big man Josh Harrellson is without a guaranteed contract and he’s making a case for his deal to get locked in with his recent play, writes David Mayo of MLive.com. With the Pistons looking for an extra power forward and Jonas Jerebko, Tony Mitchell ,and Charlie Villanueva not stepping up to the plate, Harrellson became next man up in two games against the Hawks last week. Here’s the latest out of the Central..
- Terry Pluto of the Plain Dealer looks at the issues plaguing the woeful Cavaliers, including the absence of any real low-post offense thanks to Andrew Bynum‘s struggles. Right now he’s shooting .359 (18-of-49) as his knees continue to trouble him.
- Paul Flannery of SBNation.com looks at the meteoric rise of Pacers star Paul George. George agreed to a five-year, $90MM with Indiana this offseason.
- If the Bulls decide to shop Luol Deng, the Kings might be a match, tweets Tom Ziller of SBNation. Options for them include Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons‘ expiring deal, Luc Mbah a Moute, Patrick Patterson, Jimmer Fredette.
- Matt Moore of CBSSports.com asks where the Bulls go from here without the services of Derrick Rose.
- Should the Bulls blow it all up or wait it out? Ziller believes that he has a Plan C for Chicago. Trading Deng would get Chicago out of luxury tax trouble and could leave them enough talent to still compete in a conference where there are questions about the top teams.