On this date in 1960, Philadelphia Warriors center Wilt Chamberlain set an NBA record for the most free throw attempts in a game with none made when he missed all ten of his tries against Detroit. Chamberlain’s dubious record would last more than 40 years before another dominant center, Shaquille O’Neal, broke it by missing all eleven free throw attempts against Seattle on December 8, 2000.
Here at Hoops Links, we know the importance of converting at the charity stripe. Got a great basketball blog post that you want featured in next week’s edition? Email it to me at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Mavs Outsider takes a look at Gal Mekel‘s journey.
- Keep It Cavalier gets us familiarized with Jarrett Jack.
- Hoop76 goes out on a limb for some 76ers predictions.
- 3 Shades Of Blue sat down with Kosta Koufos.
- Gavin’s Sports Columns makes some bold predictions for the 2013/14 season.
- The Brooklyn Game was reminded of the Nets’ N.J. days in last night’s loss.
- Red94 wonders if the first few games of the year are an indicator of what the Rockets will look like.
- Hardwood Paroxysm looks at the hidden meaning behind Hack-A-Dwight.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.