On this date in 1991, Rockets guard Vernon Maxwell became the fifth player in NBA history to score 30 points in a quarter, joining Wilt Chamberlain, David Thompson, George Gervin, and Michael Jordan. Maxwell, who finished with 51 points, hit for 30 in the final quarter of the Rockets’ 103-97 home win over Cleveland. Gervin holds the NBA record for scoring the most points in a quarter (33) in San Antonio’s 153-132 loss to New Orleans on Apr. 9, 1978.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to me at [email protected] This week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Shaw Sports asks if O.J. Mayo can still be a star player.
- It’s Boston Sean talks All-Star snubs.
- Bucksketball looks at some interesting splits for the Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- Salt City Hoops says injuries are now the only constant for the Jazz.
- A Wolf Among Wolves wants to help Kevin Martin.
- Bullets Forever discusses the future of Marcin Gortat in Washington.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email it to Zach at [email protected]