As has been discussed ad nauseam in recent reports on Andrew Bynum, the NBA’s contract guarantee deadline for 2013/14 arrives later today. If a team waives a player on a non-guaranteed contract by 4:00pm central time, that club won’t be on the hook for the remainder of the player’s salary. However, if the player remains on a roster beyond that, he’ll be assured of his full ’13/14 salary.
The NBA’s contract guarantee date technically lands on January 10th, but teams must ensure that players must clear waivers before Friday to avoid being on the hook for their full salaries. Because the waiver process takes 48 hours, that means making cuts today.
A number of players on non-guaranteed contracts are in no danger of being waived, but we’re still anticipating plenty of roster moves today, with veterans like Bynum and Stephen Jackson among the players expected to be released.
Here’s a quick rundown of the remaining players believed to be on non-guaranteed contracts, whose full 2013/14 salaries will be assured if they survive today’s round of roster cuts. Unless otherwise indicated, these players are on minimum-salary deals.
- 76ers: Lorenzo Brown, Brandon Davies, Daniel Orton, Hollis Thompson, Elliot Williams
- Bobcats: Jeff Adrien, Chris Douglas-Roberts
- Bulls: D.J. Augustin, Andrew Bynum ($12.25MM; $6MM guaranteed),, Erik Murphy ($250K guaranteed)
- Cavaliers: Matthew Dellavedova, C.J. Miles ($2.23MM), Henry Sims
- Clippers: Stephen Jackson
- Grizzlies: James Johnson
- Hawks: Shelvin Mack, Cartier Martin, Mike Scott
- Heat: Michael Beasley, Roger Mason Jr.
- Jazz: Ian Clark, Diante Garrett, Mike Harris
- Knicks: Cole Aldrich, Toure’ Murry
- Lakers: Xavier Henry, Ryan Kelly, Kendall Marshall, Shawne Williams
- Pacers: Rasual Butler
- Pistons: Josh Harrellson, Peyton Siva
- Raptors: Julyan Stone
- Rockets: Patrick Beverley, Ronnie Brewer, Greg Smith
- Spurs: Malcolm Thomas
- Suns: Dionte Christmas
- Thunder: Ryan Gomes, Hasheem Thabeet ($1.2MM)
- Timberwolves: Robbie Hummel, A.J. Price
- Warriors: Kent Bazemore
This post is just a refresher, so it won’t be updated throughout the day. However, we’ll keep our long-standing page of non-guaranteed deals up-to-date as teams make their cuts, so be sure to check that out, or keep tabs on our transactions feed for the latest moves.