It might turn out to be a busy deadline for the Sixers, who are trying hard to deal Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young, and Spencer Hawes. Philly GM Sam Hinkie has reportedly contacted every team in the NBA about potential deals involving Turner and Young, reveals Jason Wolf of USA Today Sports. The club wants a first rounder in exchange for any of the three, and Hinkie has apparently yet to find a deal to his liking since each of them is still on the roster. Here’s more on the Sixers and the Atlantic Division:
- The Sixers haven’t been shy about shopping Hawes, and the big man admits that this is the most he’s ever been mentioned in trade talks, passes along Tom Moore of Calkins Media (on Twitter).
- Like Hawes, Young is also aware of speculation regarding potential deals surrounding him and his teammates, and Moore hears that Young would like to stay a member of the Sixers past the deadline (Twitter link)
- Jason Terry is allegedly part of “serious” trade talks between the Nets and Kings, but he says hasn’t talked talked to GM Billy King about the rumors, tweets Rod Boone of Newsday.
- Raymond Felton would like to remain on the Knicks past the deadline, but Al Iannazzone of Newsday writes that Felton understands the NBA is a business and wouldn’t be offended if he was moved. “Whoever I play for, it’s who I play for,” Felton said. “If it’s here, great, I’m going to love it. I love these guys. But if it happens, then it happens. I’m a guy who’s been in the league a long time. That’s part of the business. I understand that.”
- Earlier tonight, we passed along the latest on the Celtics’ Rajon Rondo.