On this date in 1992, Magic Johnson, playing for the first time since announcing his retirement on Nov. 7, 1991, scored a game-high 25 points and dished off for a game-high nine assists to lead the West to a 153-113 win over the East in the All-Star Game at the Orlando Arena. For his memorable effort, Johnson was honored with the second All-Star Game MVP award of his career.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to me at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Atlas Bowled talks Kyle Lowry and instant replay.
- Keep It Cavalier comes to the defense of Dion Waiters.
- Legion Report runs down some trade candidates, starting with Omer Asik.
- Go Hard Sports Blog looks at Canada’s 2016 squad.
- Sporty Reporty talks Rajon Rondo.
- Mavs Outsider says Dallas can’t get caught up in scoreboard watching.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email it to Zach at [email protected]