On this date in 1996, the Bulls’ 99-84 road win over the Lakers – with Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson meeting on the court for the first time since Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals – set, at the time, a record as the highest-rated NBA game ever on cable TV. The telecast on TNT earns a 7.1 rating and a 13.1 share, being viewed in an average of 4.75 million homes. The rating mark stood until the May 21, 1996 Bulls-Magic playoff game. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Atlas Bowled offers a primer on economics in the NBA.
- Hoop76 says the Sixers shouldn’t trade Evan Turner…yet.
- Legion Report wonders how long the Lakers’ struggles will continue.
- Bucksketball breaks down Brandon Knight‘s game.
- Cowbell Kingdom bids farewell to David Stern.
- Hardwood Paroxysm talks Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.