On this date in 1979, the 76ers and the Nets replayed the final 17:50 of their contest that was originally played on November 8, 1978. In a bizarre wrinkle, Harvey Catchings and Ralph Simpson played for the 76ers and Eric Money and Al Skinner played for the Nets when the game began, but were traded to the opposing teams by the time the game was resumed. It’s the only time in the history of professional sports that any player played for both teams in the same game.
Got a great basketball blog post you want featured on Hoops Links? Email it to me at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Street Team spoke with Seth Curry about his NBA dream.
- Six Championship Drive breaks down Brandon Jennings‘ shot chart.
- Legion Report looks at what Phil Jackson‘s next move might be.
- Keep It Cavalier breaks down Spencer Hawes‘ offensive impact.
- Sean Mason’s Sports Blog unveils their first big board.
You can send your submissions to Zach at [email protected]