Solomon Jones has signed on with Dongguan Snowwolf in the NBL, and will play the next few months in China, reports Gino Pilato of D-League Digest. Jones played in 17 games with the Erie BayHawks of the NBA D-League this season. In 17 games, Jones averaged 8.9 PPG, 6.1 RPG, and 1.4 BPG. He also appeared in 11 games for the Magic this year, averaging 1.3 PPG and 1.5 RPG in 7.7 minutes per contest. Jones will likely be considered for an NBA Summer League roster spot this summer, opines Pilato.
More from around the league:
- The staff at Basketball Insiders released their first Mock Draft of the year.
- Nick Friedell of ESPNChicago.com examines the relationship between the Bulls and coach Tom Thibodeau. The article looks at what compensation the Bulls would ask for if Thibodeau wanted to leave for another coaching job, and if the two sides can co-exist for the three years remaining on his contract.
- Sean Deveney of The Sporting News released his latest Mock Draft.
- With the earlier report that Andrew Bynum‘s was out for the rest of the post season, the Pacers experiment with him would appear to be over, writes Steve Aschburner of NBA.com. The move didn’t work out on the court, notes Aschburner, but it also might have rattled Roy Hibbert‘s confidence and trust, which may explain his tailspin towards the end of the season. The article also notes that sources said coach Frank Vogel upset Hibbert when he ran plays to get Bynum involved offensively that he rarely called for Hibbert.
- Jessica Camerato of Basketball Insiders examines what steps the Bobcats need to take to improve the team for next season.
- Andrew Wiggins topped Chad Ford of ESPN.com‘s rankings for the top wing prospects in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders thinks the Knicks and Bulls should attempt to work out a sign-and-trade for Carmelo Anthony. In the article he examines what assets it would take to get the deal done.