On this date in 1994, Suns forward Charles Barkley hit 23-of-31 field goal attempts and finished with 56 points, leading the way to a 140-133 win over Golden State and a first round sweep. Barkley’s 56 points tied for the third-highest total ever in an NBA Playoff game, and his 38 points in the first half set a record. Sleepy Floyd holds the second-half scoring record in the NBA Playoffs with 39 points, which he scored in Golden State’s 129-121 home win over the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 of the 1987 Western Conference Semifinals.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to me at [email protected]. This week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Sports Injury Alert asks if the Nets’ hefty payroll has been worth it.
- Six Championship Drive looks at the lineups the Pistons used throughout the season.
- The Brooklyn Game turns in their report card for the Nets’ thrilling Game 7 victory.
- 48 Minutes Of Hell says Tiago Splitter is reminding them of Vlade Divac.
- Raptors HQ recaps the Raptors’ heartbreaking loss.
- Bullets Forever has a gameplan for Trevor Ariza to slow down Paul George.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].