Yesterday marked 21 years since the passing of legendary Nets guard Drazen Petrovic. On June 7th, 1993, the Croatian hero was killed in a car accident on Germany’s Autobahn 9. Petrovic will forever be remembered for his uncanny ability to fire from deep, his mean competitive streak, and boyish enthusiasm on the court. Petrovic, who had his No. 3 retired on Opening Day of the 1993/94 season, was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2002.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- House Of Houston debunks myths about Carmelo Anthony for Rockets fans.
- Six Championship Drive reviews Kyle Singler‘s season.
- NBADraft.net profiles the Greek Freak 2.0, Thanasis Antetokounmpo.
- Mavs Moneyball talks Devin Harris.
- Sports Of Boston looks at Marcus Smart as a possible target for the Celtics.
- Indy Cornrows says Lance Stephenson can’t get out of his own way.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].