August 1st will be a key date for many teams and players in the NBA, as Mark Deeks of ShamSports details in the latest update to his salary database. Knicks guard Shannon Brown and Melvin Ely of the Pelicans have their minimum-salary contracts fully guaranteed if their respective teams don’t waive them by the end of that day, Deeks reports. It’s also the day when Justin Hamilton of the Heat earns a partial guarantee of $408,241 and Bulls big man Lou Amundson has his deal partially guaranteed for $300K if they’re not waived, according to Deeks. The salary data guru has a few more revelations, as we note below:
- Hamilton’s partial guarantee increases to $612,362 should the Heat elect not to waive by the end of December 1st.
- Lamar Odom‘s deal becomes fully guaranteed if he remains on the Knicks roster past September 10th.
- The Knicks have another deadline to consider on September 15th, the final day they can waive Jeremy Tyler without owing him a $100K partial guarantee.
- Jorge Gutierrez receives a $25K partial guarantee if he sticks with the Nets past September 26th.
- Jarvis Varnado‘s deal with the Sixers is already partially guaranteed for $75K.