In April, we listed the dates prior to July 1st on which the contracts of certain players will become guaranteed. Today, with the help of ShamSports’ contract database, we’ll go one step further, creating a timeline of guarantee dates for everyone who currently has a non-guaranteed deal for 2014/15.
Using the following list, we can track various cap commitments as they arise starting now and continuing until next January. Unless otherwise indicated, these players are on minimum-salary contracts. Their contracts will become guaranteed for the given amounts if they’re not waived on or before the dates indicated.
For instance, in the first example on the list, Andre Miller‘s contract with the Wizards is currently guaranteed for $2MM. If he’s not waived on or before Saturday, it becomes fully guaranteed for $4.625MM. If Washington releases him by that deadline, the team would still pay the $2MM he’s already owed, but it would save the other $2.625MM.
Players listed multiple times will have their guarantee amounts increased the longer they remain on a roster. For example, Erik Murphy will earn $100K if he remains on the Cavs roster beyond August 1st. That amount will increase to $200K if he’s still on the roster past opening day. Murphy’s contract would eventually become fully guaranteed if he’s still hasn’t been cut by the leaguewide contract guarantee date.
The only caveat to these dates is that the players will earn the relevant salary guarantees listed below if a team claims them on waivers. So, if Murphy is waived August 1st and another team claims him on August 3rd, he still pockets the $100K.
Here’s the complete list:
- 1st: Ian Clark (Jazz): Fully guaranteed.
- 1st: Justin Hamilton (Heat): $408,241.
- 1st: Khris Middleton (Bucks): Fully guaranteed.
- 1st: Erik Murphy (Cavs): $100K.
- 1st: Draymond Green (Warriors): Fully guaranteed. Already $250K guaranteed.
- 15th: Donald Sloan (Pacers): Fully guaranteed.
- 15th: Quincy Acy (Kings): Fully guaranteed.
- 1st: Hasheem Thabeet: Fully guaranteed for $1.25MM.
- 15th: Jeremy Tyler (Knicks): $100K.
- 26th: Jorge Gutierrez (Nets): $25K.
- Opening night: Dewayne Dedmon (Magic): $250K.
- Opening night: Quincy Miller (Nuggets): Fully guaranteed. Already $150K guaranteed.
- Opening night: James Ennis (Heat): Fully guaranteed. Already $200K guaranteed.
- 1st: Erik Murphy (Cavs): $200K.
- 1st: Justin Hamilton (Heat): $612,362
Players with no specific guarantee date written into their contracts will have their deals for 2014/15 fully guaranteed if they’re not waived on or before January 7th, 2015. Here are those players, in alphabetical order:
- Chris Babb (Celtics)
- Luke Babbitt (Pelicans): Already $100K guaranteed.
- Patrick Beverley (Rockets)
- Keith Bogans (Celtics)
- Omri Casspi (Pelicans)
- Patrick Christopher (Grizzlies)
- Bryce Cotton (Spurs): Already $50K guaranteed.
- Robert Covington (Rockets): Already $150K guaranteed.
- Samuel Dalembert (Knicks): Fully guaranteed for $3,867,282. Already $1.8MM guaranteed.
- Brandon Davies (Sixers)
- Dewayne Dedmon (Magic): Already $250K guaranteed.
- Alonzo Gee (Rockets): Fully guaranteed for $3MM.
- Eric Griffin (Mavericks): Already $150K guaranteed.
- Erick Green (Nuggets): Already $50K guaranteed.
- Jorge Gutierrez (Nets): Already $25K guaranteed.
- Justin Hamilton (Heat): Already $612,362 guaranteed.
- Scotty Hopson (Rockets): Fully guaranteed for $1,450,878.
- Pierre Jackson (Sixers): Already $400K guaranteed
- Cory Jefferson (Nets): Already $75K guaranteed.
- Michael Jenkins (Nets)
- Amir Johnson (Raptors): Fully guaranteed for $7MM. Already $5MM guaranteed.
- Chris Johnson (Celtics)
- Ivan Johnson (Mavs)
- John Lucas III (Cavs). Fully guaranteed for $1.6MM.
- Eric Moreland (Kings)
- Erik Murphy (Cavs): Already $200K guaranteed.
- Mike Muscala (Hawks): Already $408,241 guaranteed.
- Glen Rice Jr. (Wizards): Already $400K guaranteed.
- Josh Powell (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Pacers): Fully guaranteed for $4,868,499. Already guaranteed for approximately $250K.
- Henry Sims (Sixers)
- Peyton Siva (Magic)
- Malcolm Thomas (Cavs)
- Hollis Thompson (Sixers)
- Jeremy Tyler (Knicks): Already $100K guaranteed.
- Jarvis Varnado (Sixers): Already $75K guaranteed.
- Anderson Varejao (Cavaliers): Fully guaranteed for $9,704,545. Already $4MM guaranteed.
- Casper Ware (Sixers)
- Shayne Whittington (Pacers): Already $25K guaranteed.
- Elliot Williams (Sixers)
- Chris Wright (Bucks)
- Patric Young (Pelicans): Already $55K guaranteed.