In April, we listed the dates prior to July 1st on which the contracts of certain players will become guaranteed. Today, with the help of ShamSports’ contract database and the Basketball Insiders salary pages, we’ll go one step further, creating a timeline of guarantee dates for everyone who currently has a non-guaranteed deal for 2014/15.
Using the following list, we can track various cap commitments as they arise starting now and continuing until next January. Unless otherwise indicated, these players are on minimum-salary contracts. Their contracts will become guaranteed for the given amounts if they’re not waived on or before the dates indicated.
For instance, in the first example on the list, Andre Miller‘s contract with the Wizards is currently guaranteed for $2MM. If he’s not waived on or before Saturday, it becomes fully guaranteed for $4.625MM. If Washington releases him by that deadline, the team would still pay the $2MM he’s already owed, but it would save the other $2.625MM.
Players listed multiple times will have their guarantee amounts increased the longer they remain on a roster. For example, Erik Murphy will earn $100K if he remains on his contract beyond August 1st. That amount will increase to $200K if he’s still under contract past opening day. Murphy’s contract would eventually become fully guaranteed if he’s still hasn’t been cut by the leaguewide contract guarantee date.
The only caveat to these dates is that the players will earn the relevant salary guarantees listed below if a team claims them on waivers. So, if Murphy is waived August 1st and another team claims him on August 3rd, he still pockets the $100K.
Here’s the complete list:
(Updated 10-30-14 at 8:50am)
- 1st: Wayne Ellington (Lakers): $581,692. Already $315,646 guaranteed.
- 1st: Justin Hamilton (Heat): $612,362. Already $408,241 guaranteed.
- 15th: Ronnie Price (Lakers): $658,405. Already $329,202 guaranteed.
Players with no specific guarantee date written into their contracts will have their deals for 2014/15 fully guaranteed if they’re not waived on or before January 7th, 2015. Here are those players, in alphabetical order:
- Lou Amundson (Cavaliers)
- Luke Babbitt (Pelicans): Already $100K guaranteed.
- Leandro Barbosa (Warriors): Already $150K guaranteed.
- Patrick Beverley (Rockets)
- Tarik Black (Rockets) Already $50K guaranteed.
- Shannon Brown (Heat)
- Rasual Butler (Wizards)
- Will Cherry (Cavaliers)
- Jared Cunningham (Clippers)
- Samuel Dalembert (Knicks): Fully guaranteed for $3,867,282. Already $1.8MM guaranteed.
- Brandon Davies (Nets)
- Andre Dawkins (Heat)
- Dewayne Dedmon (Magic): Already $250K guaranteed.
- Wayne Ellington (Lakers): Already $581,692 guaranteed.
- Erick Green (Nuggets): Already $50K guaranteed.
- Jorge Gutierrez (Sixers): Already $25K guaranteed.
- Justin Hamilton (Heat): Already $612,362 guaranteed.
- Justin Holiday (Warriors): Already $35K guaranteed.
- Joe Ingles (Jazz)
- Cory Jefferson (Nets): Already $75K guaranteed.
- Amir Johnson (Raptors): Fully guaranteed for $7MM. Already $5MM guaranteed.
- Jerome Jordan (Nets): Already $100K guaranteed.
- Alex Kirk (Cavaliers): Already $65K guaranteed.
- K.J. McDaniels (Sixers)
- Jason Maxiell (Hornets)
- Darius Miller (Pelicans): Already $400K guaranteed.
- Nazr Mohammed (Bulls)
- Eric Moreland (Kings): Already $200K guaranteed.
- E’Twaun Moore (Bulls): Already $425K guaranteed
- Darius Morris (Trail Blazers)
- Toure’ Murry (Jazz): Already $250K guaranteed.
- Mike Muscala (Hawks): Already $408,241 guaranteed.
- Hamady Ndiaye (Nets): Already $25K guaranteed.
- Arinze Onuaku (Pacers)
- A.J. Price (Pacers)
- Ronnie Price (Lakers): Already $658,405 guaranteed.
- Glen Rice Jr. (Wizards): Already $400K guaranteed.
- Glenn Robinson III (Timberwolves): Already $250K guaranteed.
- JaKarr Sampson (Sixers): Already $50K guaranteed.
- Luis Scola (Pacers): Fully guaranteed for $4,868,499. Already guaranteed for approximately $250K.
- Henry Sims (Sixers)
- Chris Singleton (Pacers)
- Ish Smith (Thunder)
- Greg Stiemsma (Raptors): Already $25K guaranteed.
- Adonis Thomas (Pacers)
- Lance Thomas (Thunder)
- Hollis Thompson (Sixers)
- Anderson Varejao (Cavaliers): Fully guaranteed for $9,704,545. Already $4MM guaranteed.
- Charlie Villanueva (Mavericks)
- Travis Wear (Knicks): Already $62K guaranteed.
- Shayne Whittington (Pacers): Already $25K guaranteed.