On this date in 2000, E. Stanley Kroenke, a national real estate developer, announced he had completed the acquisition of the Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and the Pepsi Center from Ascent Entertainment Group. Kroenke made the announcement at a news conference at the Pepsi Center following approvals of the $450MM acquisition by the NBA, NHL and the city of Denver.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Rotowire projects the value of No. 2 overall pick Jabari Parker.
- The Halfcourt Heave grades the trades from draft night.
- FanDuel says Nets fans should be excited about Lionel Hollins.
- No Man’s Land says it’s the summer of Love.
- Six Championship Drive reviews Day One of the Orlando Summer League.
- The Daily Dribble predicts the offseason ahead.
- Legion Report delivers their post-draft wrap-up.