On this date in 2000, Mike Jones scored 19 points, and Rasul Salahuddin and Wayman Strickland each added 16 to lead the NBA Ambassadors to a 103-68 victory over China’s CBA All-Stars in the decisive third game of the Asian Basketball Association League championship series. The NBA Ambassadors represented the NBA’s new D-League, which formally kicked off in November 2001.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Sports Injury Alert says the Pelicans need some better luck in the health department.
- The Daily Dribble gives us their all-time starting five for the Bucks.
- Red Rock Basketball looks at the fantasy impact Paul Pierce could have on the Wizards.
- The Starting Five pictures LeBron James as a hired gun.
- Six Championship Drive reviewed day one of the Orlando Summer League.
- Fully Clips reviews Jordan Farmar‘s injury history.