On this date in 1920, legendary Knicks coach Red Holzman was born in Brooklyn, New York. From 1967 to 1982, Holzman manned the sidelines for the Knicks and helped lead them to two NBA championships in 1970 and 1973. Holzman’s lengthy stint as Knicks coach was interrupted only in 1977 when his former star pupil Willis Reed took over coaching duties, but he would return back to his rightful place on the bench near the start of the 1978/79 campaign.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Fully Clips explains how Sam Cassell helped the Clippers land Chris Paul.
- The Daily Dribble gives us their all-time Sonics/Thunder starting five.
- Indy Cornrows makes a plea on Paul George‘s behalf.
- Canis Hoopus says the Cavs and Wolves need to tread lightly.
- Bullets Forever looks back on a pivotal moment from this past season.
- Celtics Blog can wait for fireworks.