On this date in 1983, the NBA and the Players’ Association established a landmark program in sports to battle drug abuse, providing treatment, and rehabilitation that also mandated expulsion of repeat offenders and players convicted of using or selling drugs. That policy has gone a long way towards cleaning up a league that was once plagued by rampant drug abuse.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Six Championship Drive gives us their power rankings with the Spurs at No. 1.
- The Half Court Heave previewed the 76ers in advance of this season.
- Red Rock Basketball spoke with Joe Polito of CBS Sports to talk about the Heat in fantasy.
- Blog A Bull discussed Jimmy Butler‘s worth.
- Fear The Sword clears up some Kevin Love misconceptions.
- Posting And Toasting takes us on an adventure with Amar’e Stoudemire.