On this date in 1990, Celtics forward Larry Bird scored his 20,000th career point in the Celtics’ 123-95 win over the Bullets at the Boston Garden. At the time, Bird became only the fifth player in league history (along with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, John Havlicek, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West) to accumulate 20,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 5,000 assists in his playing career.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Pounding The Rock looks at the Warriors and the NBA’s top starting lineups.
- Road To The Association is already abuzz about Thon Maker.
- Nylon Calculus expects the Rockets and Raptors to regress.
- Fantasy Basketball Money Leagues wonders how the Cavs will fare.
- Raptors HQ wonders how the Raptors will fare without DeMar DeRozan.
- Sactown Royalty gives thanks.
- From Russia With Dunk wonders if Mason Plumlee is overrated.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].