Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].
On this date in 1965, Rick Barry poured in 57 points in the Warriors’ 141-137 loss against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Barry’s 57 points were the second-highest total ever scored by a rookie in an NBA game (Wilt Chamberlain twice scored 58 for Philadelphia in 1960), and his 21 free throws (in 22 attempts) tied Frank Selvy’s NBA rookie record for the most free throws made in a game.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Green Street weighs the pros and cons of the Celtics pursuing Carmelo Anthony.
- Legion Report wonders if the Lakers will let Kobe Bryant retire on a losing team.
- Hardwood Insiders has some thoughts on Lance Stephenson and more.
- Detroit Bad Boys is worried about the Pistons inside the arc.
- Six Championship Drive gives us their power rankings.
- At The Hive tips their cap to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
- Peachtree Hoops discussed Al Horford at the line.