On this date in 1996, we witnessed a rather active trading deadline day as six trades involving 19 players took place. The Heat shook things up more than anyone as they acquired Tim Hardaway and Chris Gatling from Golden State, Walt Williams and Tyrone Corbin from Sacramento, and Tony Smith from Phoenix. Of course, the 1995/96 deadline had nothing on this year’s deadline. In total, we saw a dozen trades involving 39 players and 17 teams.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Green Street discussed the Celtics’ deadline moves, including Isaiah Thomas.
- Six Championship Drive looks at Reggie Jackson and what he can do in Detroit.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports sees the Clippers as Seattle’s second NBA team.
- Posterized Basketball wonders which way the Celtics will go.
- Slam Dunk Zone wonders if Dikembe Mutombo is a Hall of Famer.
- Clips Nation wants to do away with intentional fouls off the ball.
- Posting And Toasting says the Knicks need another Pablo Prigioni.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].