With the NBA’s trade deadline now less than a week away, a number of big name players could be changing zip codes and jerseys very soon. It’s always an extremely risky undertaking when you trade away a star player in the NBA. Top-tier talent is tough to recoup equal value for, and the franchise that is dealing away the star player rarely improves its situation as a result of the transaction. With that in mind, we at Hoops Rumors have been taking a look back at some blockbuster deals of the past decade, and examined how they have worked out for all the parties involved over time.
Here’s the list of the deals that we’ve checked out so far:
- LaMarcus Aldridge to the Blazers.
- Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks.
- Elton Brand to the Clippers.
- Vince Carter to the Nets.
- Kevin Garnett to the Celtics.
- James Harden to the Rockets.
- Dwight Howard to the Lakers.
- Stephon Marbury to the Knicks.
- Shaquille O’Neal to the Heat.
- Chris Paul to the Clippers.
- Deron Williams to the Nets.