Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].
On this date in 2008, the Hawks beat the Heat in the first NBA “do-over” game in a quarter-century. Months earlier, Atlanta’s scorer mistakenly fouled out Miami’s Shaquille O’Neal with 51.9 seconds left in overtime and the Hawks up, 114-111. The Heat won their appeal to have the end of the game replayed, but they did so without the services of Shaq since he was traded in the interim to the Suns.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Posterized Basketball looked ahead to the Knicks’ offseason.
- Legion Report looked at the remarkable rise of Hassan Whiteside.
- Slam Dunk Zone makes the case for Russell Westbrook winning MVP.
- OT Nation gives us their three most valuable rookies.
- Celtics Blog wonders whether Evan Turner is a fit going forward.
- Sonics Rising spoke with KING5 reporter Chris Daniels.