On this date in 1984, the Nets shocked the world. New Jersey had never won a playoff game in their NBA history, but they managed to beat Julius Erving and the defending champion 76ers. Led by Buck Williams and Albert King, the Nets won the deciding Game 5, 101-98, at the Spectrum in Philadelphia.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports looked at playoff-bound players with local roots for Sonics fans.
- Posterized Basketball gives their input on what the Nuggets should do this offseason.
- Air Alamo wonders if a new approach should be taken with DeAndre Jordan.
- Legion Report says this year’s champs won’t be the Cavs or the Warriors.
- Upside Motor wonders if the NCAA should allow players to test the waters in the D-League.
- House Of Houston has three reasons for the Rockets to bring K.J. McDaniels back.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected]