The relationship between the NBA and the D-League continues to grow, and 17 NBA franchises currently have one-to-one D-League affiliates amongst the 18 D-League teams. The remaining 13 NBA teams shared the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season. We at Hoops Rumors will be recapping each team’s use of the D-League this season, looking at assignments and recalls as well as the players signed out of the D-League. We’ll continue onward with a look back at how the Sixers utilized the D-League during the 2014/15 campaign…
D-League Team: Delaware 87ers
Affiliation Type: One-to-one
D-League Team Record: 20-30
Number of NBA Players Assigned To D-League: 1
Total D-League Assignments: 1
Player Stats While On Assignment:
- JaKarr Sampson: 1 assignment, 2 games, 15.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.5 APG. .367/.250/.667.
- Larry Drew II (Sioux Falls SkyForce-Heat affiliate): Signed 1st 10-day deal on January 16th. Inked 2nd 10-day pact on January 26th.
- Tim Frazier (Maine Red Claws-Celtics affiliate): Inked 1st 10-day contract on February 5th. Signed 2nd 10-day agreement on February 20th.
- Malcolm Lee (Grand Rapids Drive-Pistons affiliate): Signed multiyear deal on December 5th. Lee was waived by Philadelphia on December 11th.
- Ronald Roberts (Delaware 87ers-Sixers affiliate)*: Signed for remainder of season on December 12th. Was waived by the Sixers on December 15th.
*Roberts was later dealt by the 87ers to the Santa Cruz Warriors, Golden State’s affiliate.