On this date in 1988, James Worthy posted the first triple-double of his career with 36 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists as the Lakers topped the Pistons 108-105 in Game 7 of the Finals. With the win, the Lakers became the first NBA team to successfully defend its title since the Celtics in 1968 and 1969.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- House Of Houston has the recipe for a successful offseason for the Rockets.
- New York Sports Guys says the Knicks should tap either Emmanuel Mudiay or Kristaps Porzingis.
- Fantasy Pros profiled Porzingis.
- Tru School Sports spoke with Stephen Curry‘s high school coach.
- Six Championship Drive looked at the Pistons’ draft strategy.
- Hoop Trends previewed the Thunder heading into the draft.
- Rotowire looked at the fantasy implications of the Ersan Ilyasova deal.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected]