Plans for a new Bucks arena in Milwaukee cleared another major hurdle this week when the Milwaukee State Senate passed the arena funding bill by a vote of 21-10, and now the proposal will go before the State Assembly for ratification. Bucks team president Peter Feigin released this statement on behalf of the franchise: “Today’s vote is a significant step forward in our collective effort to build a new sports and entertainment district in Wisconsin. We appreciate the bipartisan leadership in Madison for bringing this transformative partnership one step closer to reality. We’re optimistic that this financing package will receive support in the Assembly and look forward to working with state, county and city officials.” Besides the positive news for the Bucks and their fans, here’s the rest of the happenings from the week that was…
- The Wolves sent Chase Budinger to the Pacers in exchange for forward Damjan Rudez.
- The Pistons acquired Steve Blake from the Nets in exchange for forward Quincy Miller.
- The Thunder traded Perry Jones III to the Celtics, along with a second-round pick and cash in exchange for a protected 2018 second-rounder.
- The Magic dealt Maurice Harkless to the Blazers in exchange for a future second-round pick.
You can keep up with all of the offseason trades here.
Free Agent Signings
- The Wizards signed Alan Anderson to a one-year deal.
- The Nets signed Andrea Bargnani to a two-year contract.
- The Knicks re-signed Louis Amundson.
- Aron Baynes inked a three-year pact with the Pistons.
- The Bulls signed Brazillian big man Cristiano Felicio.
- Ronald Roberts signed with the Raptors.
- The Pacers re-signed Shayne Whittington.
- The Wizards re-signed Drew Gooden.
- The Magic signed Jason Smith.
- The Hornets signed undrafted Kentucky guard Aaron Harrison.
- The Sixers inked Pierre Jackson.
- The Pistons signed Adonis Thomas to a training camp deal.
- The Grizzlies re-signed Marc Gasol to a five-year deal worth more than $100MM.
- Rajon Rondo signed a one-year deal with the Kings.
- The Mavericks signed Deron Williams after he cleared waivers.
- The Thunder matched Portland’s four-year, $70MM offer sheet for restricted free agent Enes Kanter.
- Luis Montero, a 6’7″ swingman out of the Dominican Republic, signed with the Trail Blazers.
- The Nuggets re-signed Will Barton.
- Cole Aldrich inked a two-year pact with the Clippers.
- The Rockets signed Marcus Thornton to a one-year agreement.
- Austin Rivers re-signed with the Clippers.
- The Kings signed Kosta Koufos to a four-year deal.
- Leandro Barbosa re-signed with the Warriors.
- The Kings signed Marco Belinelli.
- The Spurs signed All-Euroleague First Team center Boban Marjanovic.
- Tibor Pleiss inked a deal with the Jazz.
- The Nuggets signed 2014 draftee Nikola Jokic.
- Jameer Nelson re-signed with the Nuggets.
- The Kings signed Luc Mbah a Moute. The deal was later voided after Mbah a Moute failed his physical.
- The Spurs re-signed veteran forward Matt Bonner.
- The Clippers inked Josh Smith to a one-year pact.
You can stay up to date on all of the signings with Hoops Rumors’ free agent tracker.
2015 NBA Draft Pick Signings
- The Suns signed Devin Booker to a rookie scale deal.
- The Kings signed Willie Cauley-Stein to a rookie scale deal.
- The Pacers signed Myles Turner to a rookie scale deal.
- The Pacers signed Joseph Young to a four-year deal.
- The Raptors signed second round pick Norman Powell.
- The Clippers signed second-rounder Branden Dawson.
- The Pistons agreed to sign second round pick Darrun Hilliard.
- The Bucks signed Rashad Vaughn to a rookie scale contract.
You can stay up to date on all of the 2015 NBA Draft signings here.
- The Nets reached a buyout arrangement with Deron Williams.
- The Nuggets waived Jamaal Franklin.
- The Nets waived Cory Jefferson.
- The Celtics waived Phil Pressey.
- The Clippers waived Lester Hudson. Hudson is expected to sign a deal with Liaoning of the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Colton Iverson, whose rights are owned by the Celtics, signed with Pinar Karsiyaka of the Turkish Basketball League.
- Sixers center Joel Embiid will have a second surgery on his right foot and is expected to miss his second consecutive season.
- Anthony Randolph decided to return to Russia and the former NBA forward re-signed with Kuban.
- Gigi Datome is leaving the NBA and has signed a two-year deal with Turkey’s Fenerbahce Ulker.
- Grizzlies restricted free agent Nick Calathes signed with Greece’s Panathinaikos.
- Alexey Shved decided to head back overseas and signed a three-year deal with Khimki Moscow.
- Miroslav Raduljica signed a deal with Panathinaikos of Greece.