Suns forward Markieff Morris said that he feels disrespected by the way the team handled the July 9th trade of his twin brother and former teammate, Marcus Morris, to the Pistons, and made it clear that he wants out of Phoenix prior to the 2015/16 season commencing. “One thing for sure, I am not going to be there,” Morris said. “If you want to put that out there, you can put that out,” he added. “. . . I am not to going to be there at all.” The forward’s comments essentially confirm last week’s report from John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 radio that Markieff wanted off the Suns, and out of Phoenix. Morris is slated to make $8MM this coming season in the first year of his four-year, $32MM extension.
Here’s more from the week that was…
Free Agent Signings
- The Celtics and forward Malcolm Miller inked a training camp deal.
- The Nets signed point guard Donald Sloan.
- The Pacers signed unrestricted free agent Toney Douglas to a camp deal.
- Unrestricted free agent center Keith Benson agreed to a deal with the Heat.
- The Lakers signed undrafted Texas forward Jonathan Holmes.
- The Timberwolves agreed to a deal with Tayshaun Prince.
- The Mavericks signed JaVale McGee.
- The Kings reached a contract agreement with undrafted forward Vince Hunter.
- The Thunder agreed to a contract with undrafted free agent Dez Wells.
- The Pelicans agreed to a deal with undrafted shooting guard Bryce Dejean-Jones.
You can stay up to date on all of the signings with Hoops Rumors’ free agent tracker.
- Olivier Hanlan, the No. 42 overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft by the Jazz, signed a deal with the Lithuanian club Zalgiris Kaunas.
- Former Cavaliers big man Alex Kirk signed with Italy’s Giorgio Tesi Pistoia.
- Jason Maxiell signed with the Tianjin Steel of the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Former 2007 No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden signed with the Jiangsu Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Drew Gordon, who played mostly in the D-League and appeared in nine games with the Sixers last season, inked a deal with France’s Chalons-Reims.
- Former Celtics 10-day signee Andre Dawkins inked a deal with Italy’s Auxilium CUS Torino.
- D.J. Kennedy signed with Enisey Krasnoyarsk of Russia.
- Nets 2015 second-rounder Juan Pablo Vaulet will be out of action for four months following surgery to repair a stress fracture in his right ankle.
- Brandon Davies, who played for the Nets and Sixers during the 2014/15 campaign, officially signed with Pallacanestro Varese of Italy.
- The league released the full team schedules for the 2015/16 season.
- Zoran Dragic signed a two-year deal with Khimki of Russia.
- The Hawks hired former NBA player Malik Rose as their manager of basketball operations.