The NBA’s salary cap for 2015/16 has been set at $70MM, which is an 11% increase from this past season, and the luxury tax line will be $84.74MM. The last cap projection from the league had been $67.1MM, and the projection for the tax line had been $81.6MM.
With the October 26th cutoff date to set regular season rosters now past, we at Hoops Rumors are in the process of running down the current salary cap commitments for each NBA franchise for the 2015/16 campaign. Here’s the cap breakdown for the Washington Wizards, whose regular season roster can be viewed here:
- 2015/16 Salary Cap= $70,000,000
- 2015/16 Luxury Tax Line= $84,740,000
- Fully Guaranteed Salary Commitments= $81,485,782
- Partially Guaranteed Salary Commitments= $10,000*
- Non-Guaranteed Salary Commitments= $0
- Total Salary Cap Commitments= $81,495,782
- Remaining Cap Room= –$11,495,782
- Amount Below Luxury Tax Line= $3,244,218
Cap Exceptions Available:
- Non-Taxpayer’s Mid-Level Exception= $1,464,000
Cash Available to Send Out In Trades= $3,400,000
Cash Available to Receive Via Trade= $3,400,000
Last update: 11/25/15 @ 7:00pm
The Basketball Insiders salary pages were used in the creation of this post.