The end of the regular season brought with it a number of coaches being fired or dismissed from their posts. The Wolves dismissed interim coach Sam Mitchell, the Wizards fired Randy Wittman and the Kings parted ways with George Karl. The fates of Nets interim coach Tony Brown and Rockets interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff have yet to be decided, though neither is reportedly a strong candidate to be retained by his respective franchise. The Suns still need to make a decision regarding Earl Watson, though the interim coach is reportedly the front-runner as the team commences its search. Here’s a look back at more of the notable events from around the NBA this past week…
NBA Draft News
- Marko Arapovic, PF, International
- V.J. Beachem, SF, Notre Dame (junior)
- Deyonta Davis, F/C, Michigan State (freshman)
- Marko Guduric, SF, International
- Justin Jackson, SF, North Carolina (sophomore)
- Ognjen Jaramaz, PG, International
- Damian Jones, C, Vanderbilt (junior)
- Alpha Kaba, F/C, International
- Moses Kingsley, F/C, Arkansas (junior)
- Furkan Korkmaz, SG, International
- Mathias Lessort, PF/C, International
- Timothe Luwawu, G/F, International
- Thon Maker, PF, International
- Blaz Mesicek, SG, International
- Jakob Poeltl, C, Utah (sophomore)
- Malik Pope, SF, San Diego State (sophomore)
- Zhou Qi, C, International
- Jordan Shako, C, International
- Diamond Stone, C, Maryland (freshman)
- Troy Williams, SF, Indiana (Junior)
- Rade Zagorac, SF, International
- Ivica Zubac, C, International
You can keep track of all the early entrants for the 2016 NBA Draft here.
- The Pelicans signed James Ennis for the rest of the season.
- The Heat signed Briante Weber to a three-year deal.
- The Grizzlies signed Bryce Cotton for the rest of the season.
- The Celtics signed John Holland to a multiyear deal.
- The Heat signed Dorell Wright for the remainder of the season.
- The Cavs signed Dahntay Jones.
- The Pistons signed Lorenzo Brown to a two-year pact.
- The Sixers officially named Bryan Colangelo president of basketball operations. In addition, Jerry Colangelo is no longer the chairman of basketball operations but will remain as a special adviser to the team.
- The Suns bought out the local ownership of the Bakersfield Jam, their D-League affiliate, and are moving the team to Prescott Valley, Arizona, for next season.
- The Clippers are reportedly exploring the idea of starting a D-League affiliate in Bakersfield, California, for next season.
- The Bucks reached a 30-year lease agreement with the Wisconsin Center District, the agency that will own the basketball team’s future arena.