Here are the latest news and notes regarding the 2016 NBA Draft, which will be held on June 23rd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York:
- Purdue sophomore small forward Vince Edwards worked out for the Wolves on Wednesday, has scheduled a workout with the Celtics for next Friday and is expected to work out for the Grizzlies in the near future, Nathan Baird of The Lafayette Journal & Courier reports. Edwards is the ranked as the 24th-best sophomore by Jonathan Givony of Draft Express.
- Xavier small forward Trevon Bluiett has a workout scheduled with the Pacers, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv relays (on Twitter). The 20-year-old is the No. 19 overall sophomore in his class according to Givony.
- UNLV freshman swingman Derrick Jones, who is ranked No. 99 overall according to Givony, has a workout scheduled with the Nets on May 18th and another with the Celtics on May 20th, Zagoria reports (Twitter link).
- USC junior point guard Julian Jacobs intends to hire an agent and will forgo his remaining year of NCAA eligibility, Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com tweets. The 22-year-old is certainly taking a risk, since he is no lock to be selected in June’s draft. Jacobs is the 75th best junior overall per Givony’s rankings.
- UConn junior point guard Rodney Purvis is withdrawing from the NBA Draft and will return to school for his senior campaign, Goodman reports (via Twitter). Purvis, who is ranked No. 79 among juniors, averaged 12.8 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists this past season for the Huskies.