Dwyane Wade Open To Exploring Free Agent Market

8:17pm: Wade is trying to create bargaining leverage with Miami by putting out feelers to other teams, a league source tells Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com (ESPN Now link).

WEDNESDAY, 5:48pm: Wade’s representatives have reached out to the Spurs and the Mavericks to inform them that the shooting guard would potentially be interested in joining them were he to leave Miami, Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com (audio link) relayed during an appearance on 790 AM today.

TUESDAY, 8:21pm: In what appears to be a repeat of last summer’s contract talks, the Heat and Dwyane Wade‘s initial discussions have failed to find a common ground thus far, and as a result, the guard is open to listening to offers from other teams, Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com relays. The franchise and Wade had several contentious weeks of contract discussions last year before they agreed on a one-year, $20MM deal for the 2015/16 campaign, the scribe adds. It’s unclear how far apart the two parties currently are on a new contract.

According to Windhorst’s sources, Wade’s representatives have made it known to multiple teams over the last several days that he will be testing the open market. However, some teams are skeptical about Wade being willing to leave Miami after 13 seasons and perhaps see his agent’s machinations as merely a bargaining tactic with the Heat, Windhorst notes.

I hope that everything is quiet and works out the way I want it to,” Wade said after the season came to a close. “But I have no control over that, as much as people might think. It’s a lot of moving parts in free agency. I’m not worried about it.

Wade, 34, is coming off a solid campaign that saw him remain virtually healthy for the majority of the season. He appeared in 74 games and averaged 19.0 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.6 assists in 30.5 minutes per outing while shooting .456/.159/.793 from the field.

32 Comments on "Dwyane Wade Open To Exploring Free Agent Market"

degrom4mvp48
degrom4mvp48

All BS he’s staying with #Miami

degrom4mvp48
degrom4mvp48

He’s staying with #Miami This is all BS

Andrew
Andrew

Wade to Cleveland

anonymoususer
anonymoususer
3 months 1 day ago

That would be amazing, but probably won’t happen.

EEKSETTA
EEKSETTA
3 months 1 day ago

Wade to the Knicks, cavs or clippers to ball with one of his best friends

Thronson5
Thronson5
3 months 1 day ago
I can see him going to the Cavs or Knicks if he leaves. Don’t think he will leave though. He’s a lifer. I as a Lakers fan of course would love to sign him if the price is right. Could use his veteran leadership on that team but I just don’t see him leaving and if he does I see him going to play with one of his buddies. Lebron would love to have him on his team again. Really think that might happen. Thought it would happen last off season. Let’s see where this goes. I’m super stoked on… Read more »
DarkGhost
DarkGhost
3 months 1 day ago

Don’t sleep on him leaving, last summer tensions were rising because Pat Riley didn’t want to give him a long contract with max money because of his health and age. If Riley does that again to Wade don’t be surprised if he takes less to go play with Lebron in Cleveland just to stick it to Riley and chase another ring. I doubt it gets to that point, I expect him to stay with the heat but don’t be shocked if he is wearing a cavs uniform next year.

Thronson5
Thronson5

Yea I agree with that. I could see him take less to play with Lebron or Carmelo

3 months 1 day ago

There is literally less than zero chance he goes to cleveland. He has laughed about the idea of cleveland in general. He has outright said it. And if the “dispute” is money related, and he did actually leave, why would he end up there? They can’t even pay him anything.

DarkGhost
DarkGhost
3 months 1 day ago

People laughed at the idea of Lebron leaving Cleveland the first time. Wade laughing about the situation months ago has very little weight on the situation now especially since they just won a ring. And as for the money if he is willing to come and Lebron wants him the cavs will find a way to clear the room just like golden state will find the room if Durand decides to go there.

3 months 1 day ago

He has outright said that he would never go to Cleveland multiple times

DarkGhost
DarkGhost
3 months 1 day ago

Okay and when was the last time he said that. It’s hasn’t been since Pat Riley doesn’t want to give him his money or since the cavs won a championship. Players change there minds about where they want to play all the time.

3 months 1 day ago

The cavs winning doesn’t mean anything lol. They had to have sooo much happen to even get into that position, and then they had to have even more happen for lebron to carry them to the ring. It was extremely lucky. Also, I still take this info to mean absolutely nothing. I don’t even think there is any “dispute”

Dennid
Dennid
3 months 1 day ago

You’re annoying with your anti Cleveland garbage. They won. Deal with it. I do not think that Wade goes to Cleveland but it isn’t because of your sorority girl rants.

Rofl

DarkGhost
DarkGhost
3 months 1 day ago
How can you say winning doesn’t mean anything? In the NBA winning and money are literally the two most important things. I agree with you that he likely stays in Miami. But if Miami isn’t willing to give him what he wants why wouldn’t he entertain going somewhere where he can win and get paid? Also as far as the cavs getting lucky is completely ridiculous. Luck wins you a game not 3 in a row against the greatest statistical team of all time. The cavs beat the Warriors because the cavs locked down on defense and just flat out… Read more »
3 months 1 day ago
Obviously, certain things I said got misconstrued a little, but I’m not going to spend any more time making the luck argument. I was merely answering to what I perceived as a notion that b/c cleveland won, that means they’re automatically the favorites to win again. Also, Im not arguing anything about what may happen if miami doesn’t give him what he wants b/c as I said, I don’t know that for a fact. But regardless, I stick with the thought he would never go to Cleveland b/c of all of what I have seen, heard, and read over years.… Read more »
DarkGhost
DarkGhost
3 months 23 hours ago

You keep saying they don’t have money to make this thing work. If wade decides to come to Cleveland the cavs will make room for him. How they will is a different question and up for debate. As far as kyrie being the one that goes of Wade comes there is a 1000 percent better chance of wade playing for the 76ers next year than the cavs moving kyrie after what he just did in the finals.

3 months 1 day ago
All click bait garbage from windhorst. He literally copy/pasted Barry Jackson’s report from last year. “Initial discussions?” What does that even mean? You can’t even talk about contracts with free agents until Friday. Personally, I think the Heat are probably trying to figure out what they’re doing around Wade. Wade has spoken about wanting to win, and win here in Miami where he can finish his career. He absolutely deserves a better contract this season, but he knows they need to either keep certain guys around him, or add to the roster to do that. In these “initial conversations,” I… Read more »
Sean
Sean
3 months 1 day ago

Wade is going to Cleveland for one year.

Th
Th

He’s coming to the Mavs with Whiteside. Its a done deal

3 months 1 day ago

They do have one of his very good friends, Wesley matthews, on the roster, and he and dirk have a lot of respect for each other, but Mark Cuban has continously torn him down and outright said that wade’s 2006 finals performance is tainted. He pretty much calls Wade’s greatest accomplishment a false reality. Obviously, lebron actually went back to play for that hypocritical POS Dan Gilbert, but I don’t see Wade going there. I’ve said since last year though that I think Whiteside would end up with Dallas

3 months 1 day ago

Lol windhorst is trying really hard after everyone called him on his garbage. The Spurs would be interesting though