The second day of the NBA’s free agent period wasn’t quite as hectic as the first, but there was still plenty of action, with another 15 players reaching agreements with teams on new contracts.
In case you weren’t able to follow along with our updates throughout the second day of free agency, a recap of the day’s highlights can be found below. Going forward, be sure to keep tabs on our free agent tracker for all the latest updates on contract agreements for free agents.
- Al Horford, C (Celtics): Four years, max salary
- Ryan Anderson, F (Rockets): Four years, $80MM
- Bismack Biyombo, C (Magic): Four years, $72MM
- Luol Deng, F (Lakers): Four years, $72MM
- Eric Gordon, G (Rockets): Four years, $53MM
- Ian Mahinmi, C (Wizards): Four years, $64MM
- Marvin Williams, F (Hornets): Four years, $54.5MM
- Courtney Lee, G (Knicks): Four years, $48MM
- Jon Leuer, F (Pistons): Four years, $42MM
- Austin Rivers, G (Clippers): Three years, $35.7MM
- Arron Afflalo, G (Kings): Two years, $25MM
- Joe Johnson, G/F (Jazz): Two years, $22MM
- Trevor Booker, F (Nets): Two years, $18MM
- Wesley Johnson, G/F (Clippers): Three years, $18MM
- Anthony Tolliver, F (Kings): Two years, $16MM
Other notable news/rumors:
- Kevin Durant expects to make a decision within the next day or two. After hearing pitches from the Thunder, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics, and Spurs, he’ll meet with the Heat on Sunday, and possibly OKC again after that. The Clippers have reportedly been informed they’re no longer in the running.
- The Mavericks intend to put a four-year, maximum-salary offer sheet on the table for Harrison Barnes when the moratorium ends.
- The NBA announced that the salary cap for the 2016/17 season has been set at $94.143MM.
- The Pacers continue to talk to the Kings about a possible Rudy Gay trade.
- The Mavericks are nearing an agreement with Dwight Powell.
- No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons has signed his rookie contract with the Sixers.