With the preseason now in full swing, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Hawks waived Richard Solomon.
- The Cavaliers waived Eric Moreland.
- The Pelicans waived Chris Copeland.
- The Bulls waived Vince Hunter.
- The Bucks waived Jabari Brown.
- The Grizzlies waived Tony Wroten.
- The Wizards waived Daniel Ochefu.
- Norris Cole signed with the Shandong Golden Stars of the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Jabari Brown signed with the Jilin Northeast Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association.
- Richard Solomon signed with Gravelines-Dunkerque in France.
- Greg Smith signed in Turkey with Istanbul BSB.
- The NBA suspended Kings point guard Darren Collison for the first eight games of the regular season.
- The Timberwolves added Ed Pinckney to their coaching staff.
- Former NBA guard Salim Stoudamire has some interest in attempting an NBA comeback.
- The Jazz hired former NBA player DeSagana Diop as a coaching associate.
- Bulls rookie Denzel Valentine is expected to miss at least two weeks of action due to a left ankle sprain.
- Kyle Lowry plans to opt out of his deal after the season, though, he still hopes to re-sign with the Raptors.
- Nuggets shooting guard Gary Harris suffered a partially torn groin muscle and is expected to miss four to six weeks.