Perry Jones III Rumors
April 20 at 11:45am CST By Zach Links
We'll keep track of today's D-League assignments and recalls here..
- The Thunder announced that they have recalled forward Perry Jones and guards Jeremy Lamb and DeAndre Liggins from the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League. The three players have been jettisoned between Oklahoma City and Tulsa multiple times throughout the season. They'll be back in OKC for the Thunder's playoff run, however.
April 19 at 5:02pm CST By Luke Adams
The Thunder have assigned Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, and DeAndre Liggins to the D-League, the team announced today in a press release. The trio will join the Tulsa 66ers in time for the first game of Tulsa's playoff series with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers tonight.
When Jones, Lamb, and Liggins were recalled to the Thunder on Monday after the 66ers defeated the Canton Charge in the first round of the D-League playoffs, I speculated that they could rejoin OKC's D-League affiliate for the second round. We'll see if the three youngsters are recalled for the Thunder's series against the Rockets, or whether the team prefers to have them continue playing major minutes in the D-League postseason.
April 15 at 3:12pm CST By Luke Adams
Today's D-League assignments and recalls are listed here, with any additional moves added to the top of the page throughout the day. Our complete list of 2012/13 D-League assignments and recalls can be found right here....
- The Thunder have recalled Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, and DeAndre Liggins from the Tulsa 66ers, the team announced today in a press release. Unlike Melo's Maine Red Claws, the 66ers won their first-round series in the D-League playoffs, topping the Canton Charge in three games. The OKC trio will rejoin the NBA squad for tonight's game, but perhaps they'll be headed back to Tulsa for the next round of the D-League postseason.
- The Celtics have recalled rookie center Fab Melo from the D-League, the team announced today in a press release. Melo almost certainly won't be a part of Boston's postseason rotation, but he'll available if needed. The 22-year-old had been playing with the Maine Red Claws for the last several weeks. However, the club was eliminated from the D-League playoffs over the weekend, losing in the first round to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the Rockets' affiliate. Melo averaged 8.5 PPG and 7.5 RPG in Maine's two postseason losses.
April 9 at 11:59am CST By Luke Adams
Here are today's D-League assignments and recalls, with any additional moves added to the top of the page throughout the day:
- Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, and DeAndre Liggins have been assigned to the D-League by the Thunder, the team announced today in a press release. Jones, Lamb, and Liggins, who all rank among this season's most-assigned players, are expected to be in uniform tomorrow night when the Tulsa 66ers open up their playoff series against the Canton Charge.
- The Rockets have assigned Tim Ohlbrecht to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the team announced today in a press release. As I noted last month, no NBA team has assigned more players to its D-League affiliate than the Rockets -- Ohlbrecht becomes the eight player to be sent to Rio Grande Valley this season. The big man, who played with the Vipers for a good chunk of the season, will presumably be in uniform when the team begins its first-round playoff series with the Maine Red Claws on Thursday.
March 24 at 9:11pm CST By Zach Links
Want to keep up with the latest D-League moves? You can check out all of this year's D-League assignments and recalls with Hoops Rumors' running record for the 2012/13 season. Here's the latest..
- The Thunder announced that they have recalled forward Perry Jones, guard DeAndre Liggins, and center Daniel Orton from the Tulsa 66ers. The trio was demoted just yesterday to get some burn against the Iowa Energy.
- The Spurs announced that they have assigned center Aron Baynes to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. Baynes has appeared in five games for Austin this year, averaging 15.0 points and 8.2 rebounds in 24.6 minutes. The Australian native has appeared in 11 games for the Spurs this season, averaging 2.2 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes.
March 23 at 4:55pm CST By Zach Links
The Thunder announced that they have assigned forward Perry Jones, guard DeAndre Liggins, and center Daniel Orton to the Tulsa 66ers. Jones has appeared in 34 games this season with the Thunder while recording averages of 2.2 points and 1.5 rebounds in 6.9 minutes per game.
In 20 games with the Thunder, Liggins is averaging 2.2 points in 4.4 minutes per game. Orton has seen time in just eight NBA games this season with Oklahoma City and recorded a total of 16 points. All three players are expected to be in uniform tonight when the 66ers take on the Iowa Energy.
March 16 at 10:29pm CST By Ryan Raroque
J.J. Redick spent nearly six and a half seasons with the Magic before being dealt to the Bucks right before the trade deadline. According to Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel, Redick says that he never felt any ill-will toward the Magic organization during the process and completely understands why they traded him: "Based on Arron (Afflalo) being there and who’s in the draft this year and where the Magic are likely to pick, there’s no way they would commit anything to me long-term — not just me, but just anybody in my situation. From a business standpoint, from a cap-building and rebuilding standpoint, it wouldn’t make sense. I get that. That’s fine."
You can find more of what we've gathered up from the Association tonight below:
- Mark Medina of the LA Daily News (via Twitter) provides a brief update of Lakers star Kobe Bryant's injury status, saying that his ankle sprain is considered serious enough to deem his return indefinite.
- Keith Langlois of Pistons.com tweets that the draft lottery odds will be affected on a nightly basis moving forward, as eight teams have between 22-24 wins. Most notably, those teams could be choosing as high as third or as low as tenth depending on how their season ends.
- Eddie Sefko of SportsDayDFW thinks that Brandan Wright's dependable play could very well make him a keeper for the Mavericks for the long-term.
- Marco Belinelli has relished his time in Chicago so far, and the Bulls shooting guard - once viewed as Kyle Korver's replacement as a perimeter shooter - has worked hard to remove the stereotype that he's just a one-dimensional player (Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reports).
- Shaun Livingston has been the beneficiary of heavy playing time for Cavaliers coach Byron Scott, who has looked to the 6'7 point guard to fill in for the injured Kyrie Irving, observes Jodie Valade of the Plain Dealer.
- Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel catches up with former Bucks forward Tobias Harris, who appears to be thriving in a significant role with the Magic.
- Perry Jones III credits the Thunder veterans for preparing him before he filled in for the injured Hasheem Thabeet on Friday, says Darnell Mayberry of NewsOK. Coach Scott Brooks made note of the rookie's eight-point, five rebound performance, and despite saying that there currently isn't any room in the rotation, the Baylor product has "a very bright future" with the team.
March 13 at 4:30pm CST By Luke Adams
In addition to the usual assignments and recalls, we've got a couple more D-League links of note to share. Let's round them up....
- Perry Jones III has been recalled from the Tulsa 66ers, the Thunder announced today in a press release. The 2012 first-round pick will be available for tonight's game in Oklahoma City vs. the Jazz.
- The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired former first-round pick Craig Brackins, the D-League squad formally announced today (Twitter link). Brackins, who played in Italy earlier this season, was the 21st overall pick in 2010, but only appeared in 17 games over two season for the Sixers before failing to find an NBA job last summer.
- The Warriors have recalled Kent Bazemore and Malcolm Thomas
from the D-League, a day after their respective assignments, the team
announced today in a press release. Bazemore and Thomas combined for 24
points and 26 rebounds in Santa Cruz's 110-103 win over Reno last night.
- Kevin Jones has been re-assigned once again to the Canton Charge, the Cavaliers announced today in a press release. Jones' D-League assignments this season have typically just lasted one game, so I imagine he'll return to the Cavs after playing for the Charge in tonight's game against the Bakersfield Jam.
- With Andrea Bargnani officially ruled out for the season by the Raptors, Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun anticipates that the team will recall Quincy Acy from the D-League (Twitter link).
- Warriors assistant general manager Kirk Lacob, who is also the GM of the team's D-League affiliate in Santa Cruz, spoke to Keith Schlosser of Ridiculous Upside about developing players and the relationship between the organization's D-League and NBA teams.
- Ken Rodriguez of Spurs.com takes a look at Cory Joseph's journey to the D-League and back to the Spurs.
March 10 at 10:01pm CST By Chuck Myron
We'll keep track of today's D-League assignments and recalls here, with any additional moves added to the top of the page.
- The Heat announced that they have recalled Jarvis Varnado from the Sioux Falls Skyforce after a stay that lasted less than two weeks. In 15 D-League games this year, Varnado has averaged 12.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 3.67 blocks, 1.1 assists and 29.9 minutes while shooting 52.2 percent from the field.
- The Thunder continue to make liberal use of their nearby D-League affiliate, announcing they've assigned forward Perry Jones III and shooting guard Jeremy Lamb to the Tulsa 66ers. It's the sixth time Jones has been sent down this season, and the seventh assignment for Lamb, who's put up slightly better numbers over his time in Tulsa. Lamb is averaging 21.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game in the D-League, while Jones has posted 14.8 PPG and 6.9 RPG.
March 4 at 1:57pm CST By Luke Adams
Here are today's D-League assignments and recalls, with any additional transactions added to the top of the page throughout the day:
- Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, and DeAndre Liggins have been recalled from the Tulsa 66ers by the Thunder, the team announced today in a press release. The OKC trio was assigned to the D-League last Thursday, and helped lead the 66ers to a pair of wins during the brief assignment.
- The Raptors have re-assigned Quincy Acy to the D-League, the team announced today in a press release. Acy, a second-round pick in 2012, had a brief stint with the Bakersfield Jam back in December, during which he averaged 12.7 PPG and 4.7 RPG. The energetic forward has seen limited playing time in 20 games with the Raptors this season.