Syracuse swingman Alan Griffin won’t be returning to the Orange for his senior year, having opted to go pro and forgo his remaining college eligibility. Griffin announced the decision in a video on Twitter, as Mike Waters of Syracuse.com relays.
After spending two years at Illinois, Griffin transferred to Syracuse for his junior season and emerged as a starter, averaging 13.3 PPG 5.8 RPG, and 1.6 BPG in 28 games (29.3 MPG).
Here are a few more draft-related updates:
- Fresno State sophomore forward/center Orlando Robinson is entering the draft and maintaining his NCAA eligibility, according to a press release from the program. Robinson, who has started all 54 games he has played through two seasons for Fresno State, increased his averages to 14.6 PPG and 9.2 RPG in 2020/21.
- Nebraska junior wing Shamiel Stevenson, who began his college career at Pitt announced on Twitter that he’s entering the 2021 NBA draft and intends to hire an agent. Stevenson, who averaged 5.5 PPG and 2.4 RPG in a reserve role for the Cornhuskers, doesn’t project to be drafted.
- We’ve also added the following players, who declared for the draft in recent weeks, to our list of early entrants:
- Isaiah Adams, F, UCF (freshman) (link via Instagram)
- Fardaws Aimaq, F/C, Utah Valley (sophomore) (link via TheProvince.com)
- Giorgi Bezhanishvili, F, Illinois (junior) (link via Instagram)
- Pedro Bradshaw, G/F, Bellarmine (junior) (link via WDRB.com)
- Darius Days, F, LSU (junior) (link via Instagram)
- Tyson Etienne, G, Wichita State (sophomore) (link via Twitter)
- Damion Rosser, G, New Orleans (junior) (link via WGNO.com)
- Jaden Shackelford, G, Alabama (sophomore) (link via Instagram)
- C.J. Walker, F, UCF (sophomore) (link via Twitter)
- Romeo Weems, F, DePaul (sophomore) (link via Instagram)
- Eric Williams Jr. , G/F, Oregon (junior) (link via Twitter)