Another day, another round of Dwight Howard rumors. You can check out yesterday's updates here and follow along with today's Howard-related items below. You'll find any new updates up top throughout the day:
- A person close to Howard tells Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel (via Twitter), "We want to work it out [in Orlando]."
- The Magic are still telling anyone who calls on Howard that they're buyers, not sellers, and that they aren't interested in moving D12, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Some teams believe the Magic, while others think they'll eventually change their stance. One source tells Wojnarowski that Howard's apparent uncertainty is validating the Magic's confidence: "Don’t underestimate how much it means to Dwight to be a pillar in that community. Everyone else wants to pull him out of there, but I’m not so sure that’s where his heart is."
- Some clubs believe no one in the Magic organization wants to tell owner Rich DeVos that they recommend trading Howard, says Wojnarowksi. Adds one rival exec: "They’re going to reach a dead end here. It’s just a matter of time."
- Jason Fleming of HoopsWorld breaks down five hypothetical trades involving Howard and potential suitors, ultimately concluding that Orlando won't receive equal value in any of them.
- In talking with Magic brass, Howard has conveyed his love for the team and city, sources tell Fred Kerber of the New York Post. "I really don’t think [Howard] knows exactly what he wants to do," said one of Kerber's sources.
- If Howard had decided to remain with the Magic for another year, we would have heard about it by now, says Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel. Schmitz expects that Howard still intends to test free agency this summer.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel says Howard should know the Magic are serious about winning without the team having to force a deadline deal to try to bring in more reinforcements around him.