With the Mavericks' season in the books and an important summer looming, news and rumors continue to roll in from Dallas. We rounded up yesterday's Mavs-related items here, and today's can be found below:
- Mavs players are ready to roll out the welcome mat for Deron Williams, says Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News argues that this season's struggles and cap decisions will all be worth it if the Mavs can land Williams this summer.
- Earlier this weekend, Marc Stein of ESPN.com heard from a source that the odds of Williams signing in Dallas are considered no better than about 50-50.
- Sefko examines which free agents the Mavericks could target if they miss out on Williams.
- Mavs GM Donnie Nelson says the team would love to re-sign Jason Terry, but suggests the decision may come down to Terry's price tag.
- Price identifies five questions the Mavs will have to answer this summer, which he says could be the team's busiest offseason ever.
- Dirk Nowitzki would be very open to sharing the Dallas spotlight with another star player, writes Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News.
- We previewed free agency for two Mavs guards yesterday: Jason Terry and Jason Kidd.