On this date in 1969, Bill Russell announced his retirement from the Celtics after a remarkable 13-year career that included eleven NBA Championships. In 1980, Russell was named the “Greatest Player in the History of the NBA” by the Professional Basketball Writers Association of America. In 2009, the league announced that the NBA Finals MVP trophy would be named after the legendary big man.
If you have a great blog piece that you think we should feature in Hoops Links, then send it to me at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the blogosphere..
- Secret Rival breaks down the extension and trade candidates in the class of '09.
- Nets Are Scorching held a discussion on the Nets' 2012 draft.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog shares their biggest winners and losers on draft night.
- Stepien Rules is excited for the arrival of Dion Waiters in Cleveland.
- NBA 24 7 365 ranks their top ten LeBron James moments.
- RealGM believes that Marquis Teague will work out in the long term for the Bulls.
- Bright Side Of The Sun asks where Steve Nash will end up.
- Bullets Forever has high hopes for Bradley Beal.
- Bucksketball reaches to the Samuel Dalembert trade.
- Red94 weighs in on Houston's trade with Minnesota.
- Wages Of Wins turns in their grades on the 2012 draft.
- Basketball Prospectus looks at Charlotte's gamble.
- A Wolf Among Wolves is frustrated with Michael Beasley.
- Project Spurs writes that most of the Southwest Division had an aggressive draft.
- Blazer's Edge gives us a look at how Portland fared on Thursday night.
- The Starting Five hopes that Deron Williams has a surprise team in mind.
- Red's Army believes that Kevin Garnett must come back after the C's picks on Thursday.
- The Basketball Post previews the Lakers' summer.
- Hardwood Paroxysm reflects on the career of Anthony Parker.
- BallinEurope looks ahead to the Olympic qualifying tournament.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.