In a tweet, Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Brian Shaw, Mike Malone, and Steve Clifford are three current coaching assistants who will be considered for the Magic's still vacant head coaching position. Here are a few more Wednesday evening odds and ends….
- The trade that the Wizards made today will have no influence on how they attack the draft, writes the Washington Post's Michael Lee.
- Pat Riley has no intentions of returning to the bench, writes Yahoo! Sports columnist Marc J. Spears. Frank Isola of the New York Daily News adds that the 67-year-old Riley plans to stay in his current position as Heat president for the foreseeable future.
- Jeff Miller from OCRegister.com believes the Clippers might look at Derek Fisher to replace Chauncey Billups, should the former Finals MVP never recover from his torn achilles.
- James Harden bruised his left hand at some point during Tuesday night's Game 4, but is expected to play in Game 5 on Thursday night, according to the Associated Press. Harden is 4-20 from the floor in his last two games, and is 13-37 in the series.
- The Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson writes that Bulls guard John Lucas may have played well enough to garner several multiyear contract offers this summer.
- New York Times reporter Howard Beck tweets that Knicks guard Jeremy Lin has hired Jim Tanner as his new agent.
- RidiculousUpside.com's Wendell Maxey takes a closer look at Andrey Vorontsevich's rumored verbal agreement with the Thunder.