A handful of tonight's coaching search updates came in the form of tweets. TNT's David Aldridge reported that Brian Shaw had an interview in Charlotte today, but was not offered the job. Yahoo's Marc Spears also confirmed that no offer was made, adding that Portland and Orlando are still on Shaw's radar. Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated, who broke the news about Sloan's withdrawal from Charlotte's head coaching race, thinks the Trail Blazers have a better chance of landing Shaw than the Magic do.
We've got more on Orlando's GM search and highlights from HoopsWorld chats with Mark Nugent and Tommy Beer…
- Ken Berger of CBS Sports tweeted that Jeff Bower will meet with the DeVos family and that the Magic are expected to hire a new GM next week.
- Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio mentions that the Trail Blazers are expected to add Victor Claver to the team next season. Claver was the team's 22nd overall selection from the 2009 NBA Draft.
- Jason Quick of The Oregonian dissects the current mindset of Portland GM Neil Olshey, who already acknowledges the pressure of a fan base that is eagerly looking for answers.
- Mark Nugent of HoopsWorld had his weekly chat with fans tonight. Nugent thinks that the Pacers will match any offer sheet for Roy Hibbert, Tyreke Evans is safe in Sacramento, and commented on hypothetical trade scenarios. Tommy Beer of HoopsWorld also exchanged thoughts with fans in a chat of his own, most notably saying that Ray Allen will most likely leave Boston and seek a $5 MM per year deal, a $7 MM per year offer sounds reasonable for Kevin Garnett, offered a few trade scenarios for Amare Stoudemire, and entertained the fans' trade ideas. Also, in case you missed it earlier, be sure to check out this afternoon's chat with our very own Luke Adams.
- Mark Deeks of Sham Sports reported (via Twitter) that the Mavericks have renounced their rights to Shan Foster.