French guard Nando De Colo is ready to join the Spurs as his contract with Spanish team Valencia BC is up at the end of the month, according to a report from Encestando passed along by Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News. The 25-year-old combo guard was the taken by the Spurs with the 53rd pick in the 2009 draft and will play for the French team with current Spurs Tony Parker and Boris Diaw next month. More links from around the web..
- A lot of teams outside of the lottery are looking to trade their first-round picks, multiple sources tell Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld. Contending teams like the Thunder or Bulls may look to trade their late first-round pick rather than draft a rookie who won’t contribute much off the bat.
- The Bobcats coaching search will wrap up next week with Lakers assistant Quin Snyder, tweets Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports.
- Even though he plans to test the open market, Hornets guard Eric Gordon noted that the team has a very bright future and believes that they can contend for a title soon, writes John Reid of The Times Picayune.
- Jason Fleming of HoopsWorld predicts what will happen with this summer's team, player, and early termination options.
- Fran Fraschilla of ESPN.com (Insider subscription required) runs down his best fits for the 2012 draft and opines that Jeremy Lamb would be a great pick for the Cavaliers.