The Timberwolves are off to an aggressive start in free agency, having reportedly made a "serious offer" to restricted free agent Nicolas Batum. According to Yannis Koutroupis of HoopsWorld, sources believe the Trail Blazers' willingness to match a big offer for Batum will depend on whether they're able to land Roy Hibbert. Here are a few more updates on the T-Wolves' targets in free agency and trades:
- Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com updates an earlier story to say that Batum has narrowed his options to the Blazers, with whom he's meeting later this week, and the Wolves, and has postponed visits to other teams.
- Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld has more on the Timberwolves' interest in Pau Gasol (mentioned below). According to Ingram, an offer that includes Derrick Williams and perhaps Wesley Johnson and other pieces is very much there for the Lakers' taking. If they enter three-team trade discussions involving Gasol, the Wolves would like to move Luke Ridnour as part of the deal.
- If the T-Wolves miss out on Batum, they're hoping Jamal Crawford is still available. They don't expect to target O.J. Mayo, however.
- The Wolves are "keeping a close eye" on Pau Gasol, and are willing to help facilitate a bigger Lakers deal if it meant Minnesota could land Gasol. So far, the Wolves' effort to trade for Gasol directly have been unfruitful.
- Jordan Hill is in Minnesota today to meet with the Timberwolves. The Wolves are one of a handful of teams that have expressed interest in the free agent forward.