Here are a few bits of news from around the league on this Monday evening.
- According to Mark Deeks of ShamSports.com, Jamaal Tinsley's current contract is completely non-guaranteed.
- Kevin Martin is thrilled to be in a winning situation for the first time in his career, writes the Oklahoman's Darnell Mayberry.
- This season should be a breakout year for Timberwolves center Nikola Pekovic, writes TwinCities.com's Ray Richardson.
- After posting comments on his Facebook page regarding a pending future in the NBA, former University of Memphis forward Joey Dorsey apologized to his current team, Olympiacos, saying he did not in fact receive any offers from an NBA team, and would like to continue his career in Greece. He'll likely be waived by the team anyway, according to Sportando.net.
- According to a tweet from Yahoo! NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski, Scott Machado has made the Rockets final roster. He'll develop in the D-league this season.
- According to a tweet from the team, the Trail Blazers have named Chris McGowan their new President and CEO, replacing Larry Miller.
- Josh Cohen from NBA.com discusses a few possible trade scenarios that could work out for both teams involved.
- Bill Ingram from Hoopsworld.com asks if James Harden is truly a max contract player.