On this date in 1995, Suns forward A.C. Green moved past former NBA great Dolph Schayes and into third place on the all-time consecutive games played list, with 707, after playing 38 minutes and scoring 13 points in the Suns’ 122-118 overtime win over visiting Seattle. Green, also known as "Iron Man", would eventually go on to claim the No. 1 spot.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send a link to your post to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- The Basketball Post tips their cap to Josh Smith and the Hawks.
- Hoops Addict isn't sold on the Grizzlies.
- Bucksketball explains why science loves Larry Sanders.
- The Brooklyn Game has the five best trades in Nets history, starting with Vince Carter.
- The NBA Geek quantifies the value of assists.
- Hardwood Paroxysm reports from the Sloan Analytics Conference.
- Hardwood Houdini is getting ready for March Madness, Celtics style.
- 3 Shades of Blue talks Dexter Pittman.
- The Sixer Sense breaks down a historically weak draft.
- Bright Side of the Sun gives their Sloan recap.
- Rufus On Fire looks at the progression of Kemba Walker.
- A Wolf Among Wolves has noticed some distinct patterns.
- Pounding The Rock asks if the Spurs can survive sans Tony Parker.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.