On this date in 1999, Raptors star Vince Carter took home the 1998/99 Rookie of the Year trophy with 95.8% of the votes. The high-flyer averaged 18.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.54 blocked shots, and 1.1 steals per game while shooting 45% from the field. Carter won the hearts of Toronto fans and was beloved north of the border. Today? Not so much.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports has 25 thoughts on the NBA-Seattle situation.
- Singh Sports News gives advice for the Cavs, Magic, Wizards, and other lottery teams.
- Yahoo Sports talks Jason Terry and the season that should have been.
- Blog A Bull says there's no reason for Chicago to trade Luol Deng.
- Hardwood Paroxysm breaks down the Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobili pick-and-roll.
- Celtics Life looks at centers in the draft that could interest the C's.
- Bright Side Of The Sun delivers a blast from the past.
- Pounding The Rock previews the Silver Stars' upcoming season.
- 3SOB held a debate on Tayshaun Prince.
- Bucksketball delves into the Monta Ellis/Larry Sanders dispute in their latest podcast.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.