On this date in 2000, the Nets announced that they hired Rod Thorn as the team’s new president. Thorn, who previously worked under commissioner David Stern as the NBA’s Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations, would go on to change everything New Jersey. One year later, Thorn managed to send a package centered around Stephon Marbury to the Suns for Jason Kidd. Along with sophomore Kenyon Martin, rookie Richard Jefferson, and longtime Nets Keith Van Horn and Kerry Kittles, the Nets went to their first NBA Finals in 2002.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- Blog A Bull asks how bright the future is for the Bulls.
- Hardwood Paroxysm talks renewal in Sacramento.
- Celtics Life scouts out Jeff Withey.
- 3SOB remembers the ones that got away.
- Bucksketball gives us a crash course on Larry Drew.
- Pounding The Rock has a retrospective on the last six seasons in San Antonio.
- Bright Side Of The Sun breaks down Ryan McDonough's plan in Phoenix.
- Silver Screen And Roll isn't thrilled with Phil Jackson.
- Red94 talks South Beach.
- Hoops Addict breaks down the Grizzlies season.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.