On this week in 1988, the Hawks became the first NBA team to play in the Soviet Union when they defeated the Soviet Georgia All-Stars 85-84 in an exhibition game. The game wasn't only a first in hoops history, it also dispelled the long held belief that in Soviet Russia, basketball shoots you.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- Pounding The Rock says the Spurs are the best in the West.
- The Basketball Post doesn't understand why the Hawks signed Pero Antic.
- Rufus On Fire looks at Kemba Walker and the new Bobcats' frontcourt.
- Raptors Republic says Toronto is set up to tank.
- Hoops Addict goes from the hardwood to the tables.
- Hardwood Paroxysm talks basketball and art.
- Liberty Ballers recaps the 76ers's summer league performance.
- Knickerblogger discusses Mike Woodson.
- The Brooklyn Game is stoked about Alan Anderson.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.