As we continue to await resolution on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, here are a few odds and ends from around the NBA, with a focus on Howard and several other free agents:
- Matt Barnes remains in play for both the Lakers and Clippers for a contract worth around the mini mid-level, tweets Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
- Exploring what the Knicks will do with the rest of their own mini mid-level exception, Zwerling hears that the team is looking for a small forward who is a solid wing defender and can shoot the three. Francisco Garcia, Carlos Delfino, and Dahntay Jones could be potential targets, says Zwerling.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com considers both potential outcomes for the Mavericks in the Howard derby, examining what Dallas will do if Howard signs elsewhere and how the team could add complementary players if Howard commits to the Mavs.
- In an Insider-only piece for ESPN.com, Kevin Pelton attempts to breaks down Howard's chances of winning on the court with each of his five suitors. The Rockets top the list, with the Hawks unexpectedly placing second.
- Don't expect Chauncey Billups to sign with the Pistons this summer, writes Perry A. Farrell of the Detroit Free Press.
- Unrestricted free agent Ivan Johnson has parted ways with longtime agent Larry Williams of Union Sports, tweets Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com. Once Johnson finds new representation, we'll be sure to update the change in our agency database.