It’s been a tough season for Cleveland, but Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio suggests that recent strong play from the Cavs might be an indicator that there’s no need for the club to make a move at this season’s trade deadline. The team has won five straight and finds themselves rejuvenated after firing GM Chris Grant earlier this month. Here’s the Central Division’s latest:
- Sergey Karasev joined the Cavs’ D-League affiliate for their game tonight, announced the team via their D-League squad’s official Twitter.
- One league executive believes the Cavs are likely to retain Dion Waiters through the deadline, writes Sean Deveney of Sporting News. While Cleveland might be listening to offers for the second year guard, their asking price is thought to be very high.
- The Pistons have hired Sam Roth as a new assistant coach. Roth has been an assistant with four NBA teams, spending last season with the Raptors. He was also the head coach of the D-League’s Bakersfield Jam.
- Even with questions about how Derrick Rose will bounce back from injury and perform for the Bulls, Rick Telander of the Chicago Sun-Times thinks Joakim Noah‘s presence might be enough to lure Carmelo Anthony to the Windy City.
- Earlier tonight, we passed along the latest Bulls rumors.