Victor Claver does not plan on seeking a buyout from the Trail Blazers, reports Joe Freeman of The Oregonian (Twitter link). Claver said, “I have one more year on my contract and I want to play one more year.“ He has been unhappy with his playing time, having seen his minutes cut from 16.6 last year to 8.8 per game this season. Claver is scheduled to be paid $1.37MM for the 2014/15 season.
More from Portland:
- LaMarcus Aldridge was pleased with Blazers coach Terry Stotts‘ extension, reports Mike Tokito of The Oregonian (Twitter link). Aldridge said, “I thought every guy responded for him and played well.“
- Portland GM Neil Olshey was also pleased with Stotts’ deal, notes Tokito (Twitter link). Olshey said, “As much of a no-brainer as any contract extension that I’ve done.”
- In a separate tweet Tokito notes that Olshey said that the extension was about the team heading in the right direction, not about winning playoff series.
- When discussing the Blazers summer goals, Olshey said, “We’re out of the talent-acquisition mode … now we’re about winning games,” tweets Freeman.
- In a separate tweet by Freeman, Olshey said of Aldridge, “Everybody, including LaMarcus knows, he’s the No. 1 priority in the organization.”
- Will Barton‘s contract becomes fully guaranteed on July 31st, unless he’s released by the team, which Olshey said would not happen, reports Tokito (Twitter link). Barton is set to make $915,243 next season.